Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thank you

For those of you who follow my blog (both of you), my last post was a pre-run jitter-fest in preparation for my very first 1/2 marathon.
 

Yeah, I was worried.  Yeah, I was REALLY worried.  I had my doubts.  13.1 miles.  Thirteen is bad enough, but that extra one tenth of a mile???  OMG!  

But on Sunday, January 20th, all that worry was put aside.  I did it.  13 miles PLUS that one tenth.  Me.  I ran it.  It took me 2 and 1/2 hours to do it (ok, technically 2 hours and 32 minutes), but I did it.  I believed in myself, and I did it.  That's a pretty good lesson. 

But more importantly, others believed in me.  I am so grateful to my cheerleaders--friends and family who believed I could do it even when I didn't believe it myself.  Those Facebook "likes" and comments cheering me on and cheering me after.  The necklace and the sticker with 13.1 on it.  All of those things mean more to me than you all will ever know. So, thank you all.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 
Here I am about to cross the finish line--pigeon-toed and exhausted but better because you all are awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment