Sadly, not every parent is excited about the beginning of a new school year. Say if you're a teacher...um, like me...you might not be quite as excited. You might even want to cry into your Froot Loops when you roll out of bed at 9 or 10 am for the last time for 10 months.
|Yeah, like this...|
Tomorrow, I will be back to work again. Now let me just say, I'm grateful to have "work" to go back to. Many people do not have a job right now. And I really do love what I do. I didn't JUST become a teacher for the 2 and a half month vacation. I really, REALLY love being a teacher.
|No, I really, really do love it!!!|
But I know that with the start of school comes the start of the 10 month mayhem that I call my life. Every year, it gets busier and more jam-packed. Every year, it gets more exhausting (probably because I'm getting old and crotchety). So, I take a deeeeeeep breath and head to the starting line again.
|On your mark, get set...|
But lest you think me ungrateful for the summer I've had, here are my top 10 picks (not in any order) of the things that made my summer blessed:
1. I am grateful for the time spent with my children. We spent a quality summer together.
2. I am grateful that I was able to have quality time with the ball & chain when he was able to take off work (especially Date Night at the wine bar).
3. I am grateful that I got to go to King's Dominion TWICE in one summer.
4. I am grateful that I was able to spend some great quality time with 3 great gals in North Carolina.
5. I am grateful for the family reunion with my cousins, aunts, and uncles in New Jersey.
6. I am grateful for an entire summer spent at the pool soaking up that Vitamin D and socializing with friends.
7. I am grateful for beautiful weather throughout the summer.
8. I am grateful for sleeping in on many days.
9. I am grateful for chasing chickens and goats at a farm with good friends (and food that was soooo yummy!).
10. I am grateful for summer evenings at the carnivals.
So, goodbye, Summer 2012. I will miss you terribly. But it's going to be a terrific school year, and I will look forward to your sibling, Summer 2013.