Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Smells Like Teen Spirit...Well, Teen Stench Anyways

The teens have been smelling bad lately...I mean, like PU.  Ick.

No, they haven't given up showering.  They have both joined high school sports teams.  Yes, both are involved in winter sports. 
The oldest is my wrestler.  He's been part of the team since freshman year.  This year, as a senior, he was named by his coach in the local paper as "key returner."  But his "key" return was nearly sidetracked this week by the worst of the worst for wrestlers....RINGWORM~
Who knew those little buggers could be so cute?

Yes, I know.  Ick!  Gross!  Blech!  A gross addition to the already gross smell that enters my car every time I pick him up.  But the ringworm has been taken care of, and he will have his first match tomorrow.  I am super pumped. 

My daughter is running indoor track this year.  And you know what?  She suddenly stinks too.  And she gets in the same car. 
Could someone get me a nice nose plug for Christmas?  Please???

So, for the next 3 months, I will run my children from practice, to matches and meets, and generally put up with the smell.  And you know what?  I'm ok with that because it makes them happy, and they make me proud.  So what if I have no sense of smell by the end of winter sports season?  Nose hairs grow back, don't they? 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg


No comments:

Post a Comment