Thursday, August 2, 2012

Still Rocking The Gratitude

I kinda imagined Joey saying that last part.



So it has been 2 weeks since I resolved to write my blessings and have gratitude for EVERYTHING I could possibly think of.  How am I doing? 

I would like to say:
 I'M DOIN' AWESOME.  HOW YOU DOIN'?



Gratitude has been surprisingly easy.  I think I was already a thankful person--my life has had some lows that I wouldn't wish on anyone else, but I always seem to find my way out of the funk that follows and move into a better state of mind.

Pretty much from the first day I started keeping track of my blessings, I began to have "good luck."  Things seem to work out better these days.  Maybe it's just a happy attitude.  I am definitely happier.  I am definitely not always happy.  Negativity can wear me down and I fall into that same pattern of bitchin' and complainin'. 

But the good news is, I'm becoming more aware of when this is happening, and on at least a couple of occasions, I was able to find positivity in the negative and bring myself out of a potential ungrateful feeling.

 

It all goes down to whatcha momma taught you.  Say, "thank you."  It costs nothing, and it  makes you focus on good. 
She'd probably also tell you to wear clean underwear...just in case you're in a car accident, but I digress...

I hope that I can remember this as summer winds down, and I head back to work.  Oh, and...

THANK YOU FOR WHATEVER YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME EVEN IF IT'S JUST READING MY BLOG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment