Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wonder Woman


Weeks like the last few have pretty much been made for women of better caliber than I.  I feel like I am in need of superhuman speed, agility, and organizational skills in order to keep up with the demands of my life.  Lacrosse practices/games, kids on job interviews, my own job, guitar lessons, tree plantings, impromptu shopping trips...I don't think there has been a day in the last 2 weeks where I was able to stay home really.  I really think it might be in need of an invisible jet and some bullet-proof bracelets to survive the next few weeks until school's out.

I know, I know.  I need to pull up my big-gal panties and get a grip.  But really, I'd love to go back to the days of my Wonder Woman Underoos...at least then, I THOUGHT I was a superheroine.

 Yeah, I owned a pair of these.  They have long since dissolved in a landfill.

I don't know how so many working women do it.  I mean, I work, but only 10 months out of the year, and I get all major holidays and a spring break.  How do women who work 40 hours a week, sometimes driving an hour or more, manage to keep their sanity???  I have a friend whose kids are in EVERYTHING, and she and her husband both work 40 hours a week, over an hour away from their home.  Yes, she has her mother to help some but they are the primary taxi drivers for their kids' wide assortment of sports, scouts, and confirmation classes.  Me, I transferred schools this year just so my commute would be less than 10 minutes long.  So, maybe I do need to turn in my tiara, and get the big-gal panties.  Or maybe a magic lasso.

Better yet, maybe I should spin myself around and become Wonder Woman.  It could happen...
See?  I AM Wonder Woman!  (or was in 2008).


No comments:

Post a Comment